Monday, September 22, 2014

24 weeks in Kauai

Today was the first day back to work since last Friday! What a wonderful break we had from our day to day lives while we were in Kauai. I'm not even sure I should admit how many slices of pie I had (if you are ever in Kauai go to The Right slice!!) or how many iced vanilla chais I consumed (Go to Hanalei coffee roasters and drink this, you may want to also have their waffles in the morning...so good!)

So as you can see, Kauai was a great time for me to eat my way around the island...it was a little depressing stepping on the scale at my 24 week appointment today. Oh well, we are back to our normal boring (aka healthy) eating now.

So, here are some pictures from our trip and a little 24 week update too :)


You can't go to Kauai and not get shave ice (and yes, it still kills me every time to say or type shave ice instead of shaved ice...). They sure know how to make one monstrous dome of ice!

One of our favorite things we did all week was go to Queens Bath! There was a lovely little trail down to it and while we were trying to take a picture with the GoPro the below picture happened...it might be the best worst picture ever. We think it is absolutely hilarious. (hello belly!)



The above picture was when we were actually in Queens Bath looking at the little fish that made their way into it and the below picture is just of Queens bath and the amazing view you have from it. The go pro was a bit fogged up but I love this picture anyway.



We went mini golfing at a place that doubles as a botanical garden. It was so hot by that 18th hole I did not care anymore about the plant life. I don't do pregnant and humid well ;)

Probably one of the best things we did was go on a helicopter tour. Seeing the Na Pali coast was absolutely stunning from up there!





Did I mention the pie? Because let me tell you, this stuff is what dreams are made of. The cheesecake was to die for as was the little cherry number on the bottom of the picture...can we just say buttery macadamia nut crumb topping? I do not think it gets any better. If anyone is wondering what to get me for christmas, they ship their pies to the main land for only $57...no big deal.


Lastly, one of our favorite things to do is stand up paddle board so we did that for a couple hours one day. It was all fun and games going up the river with the wind at our back. Coming back was a bit more work than I wanted to do on vacation...but it was still fun and gave me an excuse to eat more pie ;)



So, not my typical belly picture with the sign and normal clothes...but check out that belly! That is a 24 week belly right there. He is still growing and moving around more every day.

How far along:  24 weeks
Baby is the size of a: Cantaloupe 
Showing: Definitely 
Gender: It’s a boy!
Maternity clothes: Only bottoms….although some shirts are getting a little short.
Belly button in or out: still in.
Symptoms: Nothing too crazy, just some swelling in my hands and feet
Sleep: Not the best, but also not the worst. 
Cravings: Nothing that really stands out…when we were in Kauai there was a cheesecake and vanilla chai that I could not get enough of!
Queasy or sick: Not at all.  
Best moment this week: Not only being able to feel him move but starting to see him move around too! He has been super active lately.
Worst moment this week: Nothing really. Things are going really smoothly with this little one and I am incredibly thankful for that.
Miss anything: This week there isn't much that I am missing…things are pretty darn good.
Movement: Yes! He has been really active and I love it!
Looking forward to: Being able to see more movement.

I hope this finds you well

With love, 
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment